Friday 11 January 2013

Chat with Mohammed - is it nice to be Muslim in uk

Pym: Hi Mr Mohammed, welcome to the show today.
Mo: Thank you very much - most kind.
P: Now Mr Mohammed - you came to Uk 8 yrs ago from Somalia, yes?
M: That is correct, my wife joined me 2 yrs later.
P: Ah yes - she brought with her 2 of your children.
M: Yes, and then we had 6 more.
P: Yes -and you have a house and money.
M: Yes. The house is a bit small, but we will put up with it.
P: But neither of you have had a job.
M: No, I am ill and my wife does not speak any english.
P: Ah.
M: But in the future we hope things will change for us.
P: Ah.

P: I understand you are a Muslim
M: Yes, as are all my children.
P: Who wear the hijab?
M: Yes that is correct.
P: And they go to a good school.
M: Yes - and they are doing very well. I hope they will be doctors and lawyers and even politicians. Maybe 1 day a future prime minister.
P:Ah.

P: And you go to a local mosque?
M:Yes
P: And get halal food at your local supermarket.
M: yes, and all he takeaways round here are now halal, this is a mostly Muslim area.
P:Ah - nice.
M: Yes - the people are very friendly.
P: So is it nice to be a muslim in UK
M: Well I could have a few complaints, but it is nice, and getting better.

P: And what do you think about the English people
M: Very friendly and helpful

P:No - I mean what do you think about them disappearing from this land.
M: I dont think the English will ever disappear.
P: Have you read the reports that sais we are becomming a minority in this country.
M: I have seen those - but you will always be here, and if Allah wills it - then so be it.

P: So would you ever like to go back to somalia
M: No -  we are English now - like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment