Wednesday 9 January 2013

Tell the truth about Enoch P(owell) - a HH special


Was watching Horrible Histories the other day with one of my Pimples - and I got thinking about the portrayal of Enoch Powell - we need to tell the truth about Enoch P.

Try using these words

I  was sure that you'd love me
To that hope, I did cling
'Cause I'm... Enoch the P
And... everybody loves a thing

Thought I did a good job
Why do you disagree?
There's a lot of people
Spreading nasty rumors 'bout me
Every word is a lie
So I'm singing this song
'Cause the history books
Have been telling it wrong!

Never did a goose step
Always walked my full height
Never did a sieg heil
And my tash was all right

Never hated jews
never despised blacks
Never killed immigrants
or put them in the tower
Liberlal propaganda
It's all absurd
Time to tell the truth
'Bout Enoch Powell the first
I loved my country
and all her people too
but saw the trouble with immigration
Why not? I'm nobody's fool!
Edward heath wrote a history
Said I was a racist
who held this country back
It was an evil ploy
But I say to dirty Ed
you historical vandal!
You've ruined my image!
I mean, what a scandal!

Never did a goose step
Never did a sieg heil
Never hid immgrant bodies
Under the Tower of London stairs
Never poisoned my wife
Bumped off her daddy
This is me, sweet Enoch
Do I look like a baddy?
Never was two-faced
Sure you'll agree
I was misunderstood
Enoch P

Can you imagine it?
I'm the last decent man
Beaten by Ed
In the Wars of the Tory throne
The Conservatibe dynasty
Didn't care that much for me
Now I'm painted as a baddy
That's why one supposes...

Never forget
When you hear of my crimes
Never drowned my immigrants
In a massive vat of wine
Never said I hate them
and I want them dead
Who made that up?
Why, Father Ed

Now my tale is told
You won't hear a bad word
About a special man
Enoch Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment