Sunday 25 September 2011

Obesity UK



A new report stated that there are more obese people than starving people in the world.

Now I recognise that there is a problem with food distribution and capitalism and all these systems that allows some people to get fat, while others starve to death.

However, what also concerns me is that here in the UK, it seems to me that we are turning every spare bit of land into cheap housing (for immigrants – it is not birth rate, especially native Brit birth rates, that is fuelling the population increase), and what green spaces and parks there are, are ‘taken over’ by other ethnic groups and white kids cant seem to be able to go out due to fear (imagined or real).

In my local park it is rare for me to see white kids kicking a ball around. It is rare for me to see white kids playing on the streets.

Is it not fair to say that environmental circumstances must be having an effect upon our wight, and it is not just due to our greed?

NHS Stats from 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment