Friday 8 February 2013

Remembering Emma West, Jacqueline and all

I was thinking about these women earlier - I was in a similar situation, surrounded by people from over seas and of an other ethnic group. I wanted to speak up, I wanted to shout out 'what about me' - but I didn't.

Too scared.

I thought about Emma and those brave women, how they had come to the end of their tether, and thinking how long it would be before I cracked.

I thought that every word these women said I agree with - I wondered if I could be arrested for agreeing with them, or for thinking those thoughts.

Possibly, is the conclusion I came to.

I thought about how cowardly I am - how I should shout out too, but about how much I have to lose, especially if I get sent to prison.

But then I thought about how much I have to lose anyway - my culture, my laws, my history and my future, and a future for all our people.

So what can I do - speak up on Twitter will have to do for now - but if anybody knows Emma, Jacqueline or any person who eels the same - tell them they are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment