Wednesday 23 May 2012

Rochdale muslim councillors support child groomer

Abdul Qayyum barristers Phillip Boyd read out a series of references speaking up for his client to the jury. One of them from Councillor Aftab Hussain said: “I have known Abdul Qayyum for the last 10 years as a local resident in the area. He lives with his wife and two children. Mr Qayyum is a hard-working person.

He has worked hard throughout his life. Within the community, he comes across very well and I have never seen or heard of any wrongdoing before this case. I personally was shocked to hear about this news.” Councillor Zulfiqar Ali, a former Mayor of Rochdale, wrote: “I have known Mr Abdul Qayyum since the 1990s when he arrived in Rochdale. “He has lived in Rochdale all of this time.

(Rochdale observer link)

On May 17th Clive Jefferson from the BNP tel: Rochdale council and was told he COULD attend a public meeting – when he got there he was told the meeting was closed.

(BNP link)

I presume the councillors who supported the (white) child abuser were allowed into the meeting.

I would like to know what the Labour and Liberal parties think of these men?

(PS – I apologise for using the word groomer in the title – I have no desire to have this blog deleted as I want to draw attention to the councillors who supported these men – I would like to call it what it is, but these days we must be careful what we say, when we say, and how we say it – the truth, it seems, will have to wait)

No comments:

Post a Comment