Monday 23 January 2012

Adventures in my EDL polo shirt.



The day I brought my EDL polo I was like a sex mad school boy who was being propositioned by a naughty babysitter – a bag of nerves.

I kept getting to the confirm order button and chickening out. 3 times I back peddled, but eventually I purchased the item, size medium, colour white.

Part of me even suspected that it would not arrive, or that my meagre bank account may be fleased. But it did arrive, and it was medium and white.

I knew what I was buying was making a statement, and I also know many people will not like it, and some will take offence, and some will want to cause me damage because they are so offended.

But I am offended too, except it seems my offence does not count any more in dear ol’ blighty – I am too white, atheist – but pro christian, heterosexual, and low skilled to have any feelings it seems.

So – my EDL polo came, and I would wear it proudly in the house. Sometimes, when I forget and put the rubbish out I would find myself in the street, and I look around to make sure no body notices. I have been spotted – but they may not know – at least that is what I tell myself.

As some of you will know I live in one of those multicult zones – you know its multicult – because my culture is almost gone – so this Sunday I thought I would brave my EDL polo in the mid day sun, as I walk up to meet the trouble and strife in town.

So I did it – I put on my EDL polo shirt, splashed some but on, tucked it into my Brown jeans and walked to town. The walk took about 20 minutes – a few cyclists, a couple of walks past by. One cyclist shook his head as he passed me – but that was the extent of it.

The guy who lives across the road is Asian, he works for an organisation that deals with racism problems. When I first moved here we were quite friendly, he is a friendly chap, and so am I (sometimes). However he found out I was a member of the BNP when the names were released and since then he avoids me, although he did accept my offer of screen wash.

Anyway – he saw me walking with my EDL polo on.

I should come out of the closet – but I am afraid. My partner and children will be effected, political persecution is alive and kicking in this country my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment