Monday 18 June 2012

Kindness – Aung San Kyi

I found her acceptance speech to be thought provoking and interesting – it seems clear to me she is a deeply wise person.

So I thought about kindness – now I do not believe in altruism, all behaviour is motivated by self, so kindness is a behaviour that one learns to bring about reward.

But that does not mean it is bad – I like to be kind – I feel all warm and gooey – but then again I like to get squiffy on larger. Some people like drugs – some violence – but we would not condone this behaviour – but we condone and encourage kindness, we believe no harm or bad will come of it – we are wrong about that.

Aung San Kyi talked about immigrants – I guess she was thinking about Breivik – s’funny she did not mention the rape stats for Oslo – that might have been kind to those victims.

It might also have been kind to acknowledge that immigration does have consequences – just ask Geronimo

No comments:

Post a Comment