Wednesday 7 September 2011

Squatters - right

The following is a case the Housing Association I used to work for was involved in – it resulted in a young man losing his life.

One of our properties was squatted (this house was set aside for homeless families) and it took 3 court appearances before the squatter was evicted.

It so happens this chap was black, and to court he presented himself as a traditional English man – down on his luck. Yet out of court he asked our black housing Manager why a sister was doing this to a bruvver.

After the second court appearance a white guy died from drug overdose in the property.

In my mind the judge who had failed to evict this guy, murdered this man. Because they did not do their job properly.

One day I heard that the parents of the dead guy were going to be at a local drug advice centre. I made my way there, thinking I should tell them what I knew, but I did not want to drop my stuff on their grief, or be disloyal to the H.A., and I was not prepared to act as a witness if they wanted to do anything about it.

I would have lost my job – my BNP involvement would have come out, and any chance of getting a job would have been gone. So…………………… Squatters good for the community.

Some of the more liberal among you, may ask why I mentioned that the squatter was black - in my experience if a client was from an ethnic group one had to be extra careful to ensure that one would not, or could not be accused of racism. I alleged that the judge in this case, and many other cases was more concerned with ensuring he would not be called a racist, than in ensuring justice was done - this is why he is GUILTY of this mans death.

I listened to the moral maize today (8pm radio 4 07.09.11) - one of the witnesses claimed that at the start of the riots in London the Police did not act quickly enough because of fear of being called racist or institutionally racist) - this resulted in properties destroyed, people made homeless and lives lost.

What can I say - except that the fear of being called a racist is resulting in people lives being destroyed or taken. ENOUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment